Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Fog is Lifting

It is the second week in March and I just got back from a girls' weekend at the beach.  The timing was perfect.  Maddie and I jumped in the truck with Andrea and Abby, and we went down to Lomé where we stayed for three days.  It was very low key and I am proud to say that I resisted the temptation to think about work so that I didn't even read the latest book I've gotten on the global AIDS crisis.  What a great way to relax- air conditioning, the ocean, a pool, no cooking or cleaning, good friends, and time with my daughter!

When we got back I realized that we only have a few more weeks of school, and that I am in the final stages of two of the major projects I am working on for the clinic.  I am realizing that we are making it through this busy  school year- hooray!

I am feeling refreshed and optimistic again, and I am so grateful for all the encouragement and support I've had during the last couple months while I've been in a rut.  Our family is so blessed in countless ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment